(courtesy of GC Valve)
But there are a few measures that can increase your satisfaction with solenoid valves:
Install strainers or filters to prevent foreign materials from entering the valve and interfering with operation.
- Avoid Teflon tape; those stringy leftover pieces can travel downstream and hang up in the valve.
- Use pipe dope sparingly; globs of it in the line can affect solenoid valves and other control elements.
- Add check valves to your design if it is important to prevent back flow through the solenoid valve.
- Consider plumbing solenoid valves in series (double-block) where any leakage is unacceptable.
- Ask for a plated operator to protect special grades of stainless steel from corrosion.