|Refractometers measure concentration of dissolved solids|
To achieve high quality liquid and crystal sugars and contain production cost, refractometers are employed to deliver accurate in-line Brix and other measurements in the cane sugar refining and milling processes.
Specific uses of refractometers in sugar production are:
- Product flow adaptation to evaporator capacity to achieve energy savings.
- Extraction process optimization, minimizing the use of water that will need to be removed at the evaporator.
- Separation column feed juice control to adjust concentration to match capacity.
- Quality assurance check on liquid bulk sugar and molasses.
- Vacuum pan automatic and accurate seeding.
- Monitor supersaturation over complete strike of crystallization.